Court of Protection Matters

You may have been helping a relative or friend with their financial affairs. You may have been able to do this successfully but then the person becomes ill or goes into hospital or a home and you can no longer do this.

You can then get a situation where bills for your relative or friend mount up and nothing is dealt with. If your relative or friend has not made an Enduring Power Of Attorney or a Lasting Power of Attorney then an application may need to be made to the Court Of Protection for the appointment of a Deputy to deal with that person's affairs.

We are able to advise you concerning this and if necessary act as the Deputy.